November 21, 2012

Play Plymouth Village

Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. What could be better than a day devoted to giving thanks for all of God's good gifts? I love the food, the fellowship, and the retelling of the first Thanksgiving.

In first or second grade, my class made a miniature Plymouth Village out of cardboard and clothespins. I remember vividly how much I enjoyed that project, and decided it was time to make one with my own little second grader.

The girls went outside for sticks and pine cones, and I pulled out my scrap fabric and peg dolls. I found some great printables for the cabins and long house, and we went to town cutting, painting, and gluing. A couple hours later we had our own re-creation of the First Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving Pilgrim Cabin from Smarty Pants Fun
Longhouse Printable from

For more Thanksgiving Day crafts and books, check out these posts.


  1. This is so cute. I love natural, handmade toys for kids. They are the best! I have made little things like this for my kids and those are the toys they play with the longest, and with the most imagination!

  2. A-dor-a-ble!!! I need to pin this idea for next year...

  3. I love it! I'll be sharing this on The Crafty Crow soon :)

  4. How did I miss this last year?


More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails