November 21, 2012

Play Plymouth Village


Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. What could be better than a day devoted to giving thanks for all of God's good gifts? I love the food, the fellowship, and the retelling of the first Thanksgiving.



In first or second grade, my class made a miniature Plymouth Village out of cardboard and clothespins. I remember vividly how much I enjoyed that project, and decided it was time to make one with my own little second grader.


The girls went outside for sticks and pine cones, and I pulled out my scrap fabric and peg dolls. I found some great printables for the cabins and long house, and we went to town cutting, painting, and gluing. A couple hours later we had our own re-creation of the First Thanksgiving.


Resources:
Thanksgiving Pilgrim Cabin from Smarty Pants Fun
Longhouse Printable from Susankae.com

For more Thanksgiving Day crafts and books, check out these posts.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love natural, handmade toys for kids. They are the best! I have made little things like this for my kids and those are the toys they play with the longest, and with the most imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-dor-a-ble!!! I need to pin this idea for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'll be sharing this on The Crafty Crow soon :)

    ReplyDelete

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails