September 11, 2009

Potty Training!

My busy week continues, and so does my random story selections! Speaking of stories, let me entertain you with a little one of my own...

I had Littlest Page in a cloth diaper this evening when she had a blowout. I couldn't clean her up enough with wipes, so I started a bath and went to swish the diaper out in the toilet. During the time it took me to rinse out the diaper and set up the bath, she managed to throw a medicine cup into the toilet while it was flushing, smash her hand with the toilet seat lid, pee on the floor, and slip in her own urine, smashing her head against the tiles.

It's been that kind of day.

The Book - Once Upon a Potty by Alona Frankel

After plunging my hands into a toilet full of poopy water to rinse out a diaper, I'm thinking fondly of the days when Littlest Page will be potty trained. When that time comes, we're already well-prepared. We bought this book, (along with the music video, toy, and potty!) to help potty train Little Page back in the day. I was ready to dish out money for anything that promised it would potty train our toddler, but this system really did help.

The book follows Prudence, a very cute, curly-haired little girl. (The boy version is nearly identical but follows Jacob.) When her grandma gives her a potty, Prudence starts to learn how to go "wee wee and poo poo" in the potty instead of her diaper. Honestly, I feel idiotic summarizing the story for you. It's written at the level of a two-year-old and teaches body functions. You get the point.

Still, it's a cute story as far as potty books go, and it did the trick for our little girl. The video is totally campy but even today Little Page occasionally asks to turn it on and she still plays with the Prudence doll. Not a bad return on our initial investment!

The Craft - Ha! Sorry, folks, but I don't have a potty-related craft. :) But stick around and I'll be back in the swing of things next week with fabulous books and fun crafts and activities for you and the kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. Well, when it rains it pours, huh? Poor Littlest Page. :)

    ReplyDelete

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails