June 19, 2009

Puzzling Words

It's been a crazy week. We were on vacation over the weekend and I've playing catch-up since Tuesday. Between laundry, groceries, dinner guests, and work, I just haven't had a chance to read much to either Little Page. I have some great book picks and activities planned for next week, though, so stay tuned. In the meantime, I wanted to share a fun early-literacy game we picked up several years ago.


Puzzle Pairs Simple Words by eeboo (love this company!) is a card matching game. Kids match the word with the picture. What I love about the game is how it has grown with Little Page. When we first got it, she was only two. We would read the word and then she'd find the picture. Soon we were pointing out the first letter in the word, then asking her to tell us what the first letter of the picture was ("what does 'boat' start with?). Eventually she was sounding out the words and now she reads them like a pro! I've been impressed with the mileage we've gotten out of this game and would definitely recommend it for the pre-readers in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails