November 22, 2010

Thankful Feathers


What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving season?


I am thankful for a flexible, part-time job... for a hard-working husband who sacrifices so I can stay home... for two beautiful little girls who help me re-discover the simple joys of childhood...


and for all of you who encourage, share, and support me in this crazy journey of motherhood!


Grateful: A Song of Giving Thanks by John Bucchino

Grateful: A Song of Giving Thanks (The Julie Andrews Collection)Of course, I'm always thankful for good books! I haven't seen this one yet, but Barnes & Noble currently has it for only $2.68, so I should be receiving it soon. The book is actually a song by John Bucchino, performed by Art Garfunkel on the accompanying CD. Anna-liisa Hakkarainen's illustrations look lovely, and while the lyrics are too mature for preschooler's to fully I understand, there's no harm in exposing young children to good poetry.



I'm linking up to:
- ABC & 123's Show & Tell

7 comments:

  1. I love your turkey idea and PLEASE keep me posted on the book, although at just $2.68 it's almost too good a deal to pass up! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable turkey! Oh, and thanks for posting the link about where you got this idea- the site looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! I love the turkey craft. I have a new book on the way, too. We'll have to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wonderful that you can spend a lot of time with your girls! They must love all of the crafting projects!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is too cute! We're doing turkey things this week, and I just may have to do this tomorrow!! Great idea, and easy too!! I'm stopping by for the first time from the link up at ABC and 123.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful blog, I discovered you awhile back on Silly Eagle Books and I really touched that you stopped by and left such a nice comment, photographs of mermaids sound like a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails