December 28, 2009

Top Ten of 2009

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Ours was full of sweet moments.


Christmas Eve was spent with my family and included 18 people, 5 of whom were 5 and under!


Christmas Day with my husband's family involved a smaller, but no less rambunctious, crowd.


Now that family has left town, toys have been organized and put away, and Christmas activities concluded, I'm beginning to feel nostalgic about the past year. I spent much of this afternoon organizing the year's photos into a photobook. (If you order from Snapfish before 1/1, you can get 20% off with the code Holiday09.) I also spent some time looking through my old posts to see what you found interesting. Here are my Top Ten most popular posts of 2009:
  1. Turkey Day! This is the Turkey...
  2. Christmas Favorites! A Little Angel
  3. Adventure - Introducing Letterboxing
  4. Turkey Day! Apple Turkeys
  5. Bonus Post - A Williamsburg-Inspired Wreath
  6. Autumn! Miss Suzy's Acorn Cupcakes
  7. Thanksgiving! Turkey Placemats
  8. Food! If You Give a Mom a Cookie...
  9. Give Thanks! A Thanksgiving Tree
  10. Pumpkins! Pumpkin Soup
While we're on Top 10s, I thought you might be interested in the top 10 children's books of 2009 according to Time. Can you believe out of all of these, I've only read The Snow Day? Check them out:
  1. Duck Rabbit by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld
  2. Guess Again by Mac Barnett; illustrated by Adam Rex
  3. Dogs Don't Brush Their Teeth by Diane deGroat and Shelley Rotner
  4. Crow Call by Lois Lowry; illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline
  5. Elephants Cannot Dance! by Mo Willems
  6. Creature ABC by Andrew Zuckerman
  7. How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
  8. Pick a Pumpkin, Mrs. Millie! by Judy Cox, illustrated by Joe Mathieu
  9. The Composer Is Dead by Lemony Snicket; illustrated by Carson Ellis; music (accompanying CD) by Nathaniel Stookey
  10. The Snow Day by Komako Sakai
Read more at Time.com

Isn't it fun to look back on all the crafts and recipes and books we've shared this past year? I can't wait to read and make more with you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails