September 28, 2010

Bloggers Rock: Bath Wizardry & Planet Esme


This week I'm doing projects from some of my favorite crafty bloggers as well as introducing you to book bloggers you may not know.

Isn't this bath mural fun? I found the idea on Filth Wizardry.  For the two or three of you who have never heard of her, Lindsey is a mom of four and five year old girls, and I'm convinced is one of the most creative people on the planet. Of course, amazingly talented people often give birth to amazingly talented children, and it's a joy to see what she and her girls create. Most of her projects are completely accessible to the "rest of us," including this fun and easy bath mural.


Simply cut shapes out of craft foam, toss in the tub, and let the kids create! I found a huge pack of craft foam from Walmart for $5 the other day and have been dying for a chance to use it. While A napped this afternoon, I cut out shapes representing the different seasons. (The autumn tree is my personal favorite.) You could easily adapt this to any theme, or simply cut out shapes or tangrams. You could also create sets to match your child's favorite book! (Just imagine yellow ducks for Make Way for Ducklings or a tree and letters for Chicka Chicka ABC!) It's just like a felt board, only wetter. :)

Esme @ THE PLANETESME PLAN

I discovered Esme through my sister who knew her back in her elementary counseling days. In her own words, Esme is "a professional readiologist™ who thinks children's trade literature and read-aloud is our best hope for equalizing education in America. " In her blog she reviews the best in children's literature, both for the very young as well as school-aged children and teens. Besides having the coolest name ever, Esme is herself an accomplished author, and her reviews reveal her talent. These aren't blog posts you skim through, but rather enjoy slowly reading. Both parents and teachers will benefit from reading Esme's thoughtful book reviews. Check her out!

I'm linking up to:
- SOYS @ Fireflies & Jellybeans

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - B will love that idea for bath time... where oh where did I stash the scrap foam???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, The Planetesme Plan Blog is a superb resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas both - a reading blog and a craft. I think my daughter will love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all your recent posts. I'm collecting them all for when our weather turns crummy and I'm stuck inside with a preschooler. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails