April 16, 2010

Feed Me Books Friday

Photobucket

E has been battling the stomach bug the last couple days, so I don't have a great post planned for today. It was all I could do to get up, dressed, and disinfect the house this morning. Instead, I thought I would join a wonderful party at a wonderful blog. Here are the books we've been reading this week:

by Doreen Cronin

Diary of a Worm


The title says it all! This adorable picture book is the diary of an adolecent earthworm and is absolutely adorable. I don't want to tell you much about it, and ruin it for you, but trust me that the story - while not overly educational - is as entertaining as it is endearing.

by Daisy Meadows

Ruby: The Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies, No. 1)


E started on chapter books this past winter, and the Fairy series are one of the few preschool-age appropriate chapter books I have come across. Each book focuses on a different fairy relative to that series: colors, pets, musical instruments... it's quite the franchise. E read the entire book during "nap" time, so I think I'm going to need to find more at the library soon.

by Samantha Berger

Big and Little (Learning Center Emergent Readers)


This is A's current favorite book. I inherited it from my sister - it's honestly not one that would have caught my eye. The pages are of different big and little things: bears, hands, leaves, chairs, etc. Each page says "Big Bear and Little Bear." Yep, that's it. Totally simple and the pictures aren't even that great, but A LOVES it. She's been carrying the book everywhere around the house and "reading" it to herself. Her language development has really taken off these past few weeks, and I think she's enjoying being able to name things like "bear," "chair," and "hands." She will constantly interrupt me to have me help her discern which is the big object and which is the small.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love hearing that A is carrying around her book and reading it! Sounds like it's really sparked something with her. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great suggestions! We love the diary of a worm. I'm going to have to look up the fairy one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she feels better and that you don't get sick! FYI, I checked out a Magic School Bus chapter book yesterday and it is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these books! They look fun. I have two girls and the younger is about the same age as A and her vocabulary has exploded over the last month. It's so much fun!

    I'm definitely going to check out the fairy books. My three year old is getting interested in longer and longer stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read the diary of a worm!

    It's funny how kids latch on to books that we would not have guessed. I've learned to appreciate a couple of books after she fell in love with them.

    This was a perfect post. No sense in being wordy-we are moms afterall:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by. Big and Little looks right up JDaniel's alley.

    ReplyDelete

More Fun...

Related Posts with Thumbnails